Do The Time.
Give an hour. Give a Saturday. Give your best. We all have special talents. Things we can do to help. And when we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all. Whether it’s reading to children, or leading financial literacy classes for hard-working families, or delivering meals to home-bound seniors, there are hundreds of volunteer options available every day.
Volunteer in a leadership role – there are numerous committees and working groups that support United Way with expertise and strategies. Or participate as a Loaned Executive during the annual campaign and contribute your time and talent to assist our fundraising efforts.
Volunteer Opportunities At The River Region United Way
River Region United Way has many opportunities for volunteers to serve in a variety of roles. If you are interested in any of the following highlighted opportunities, please email RRUW@RiverRegionUnitedWay.org for more information.
Community Impact Council
• Identifies community needs and opportunities and advises affiliate agencies on where to invest RRUW’s resources to maximize our collective impact in our communities
• Serve as a Loaned Executive during the fall campaign; network and assist with fundraising efforts of RRUW
• Reviews agency requests for funding and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors
Marketing & Communications
• Advises the Board of Directors on marketing and public relations matters, and maximizes opportunities to share RRUW’s message with the community
• Assists with general clerical duties, including answering the phone, copy/fax materials, filing, etc.
• Assists RRUW staff in planning and executing various special events, such as the Recognition & Results event, Annual Meeting and United Way Day of Action.